Our second ship "ABN Sukapha" joined "ABN Charaidew" in Assam in October 2006. We have respected the fragile environment of the River Brahmaputra and resisted the temptation to build a larger ship. Our maximum group size of 24 is well-matched to the numbers of riding elephants available in National Parks along the valley, while the need to use jeeps to access the river beaches also limits group size. The result is an ideal number for fostering a friendly house-party atmosphere on board.
For "ABN Sukapha" we kept as closely as possible to the design of "ABN Charaidew", both from popular demand and reasons of practicality, thereby retaining many of the features which make our original vessel so popular, but also adding a small spa. The overall dimensions of "ABN Sukapha" are similiar to "ABN Charaidew" and she is also powered by twin engines. Her 12 cabins are equally roomy and we have retained the much appreciated comfortable chairs by the picture windows for relaxing in privacy. The spacious saloon has French windows opening onto a front balcony deck and the dinning room again has glass doors down each side. Specially-commissioned furniture and locally-woven soft furnishings match those on "ABN Charaidew". Again, the large sundeck offers the opportunity to relax on comfortable cane rattan chairs and sunloungers.
Deck Plan of ABN Sukapha
Features of ABN Sukapha
- Spacious cabins with individual climate control.
- En suite shower/WC with biotique toiletries.
- Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage.
- Hair drier in each cabin.
- In-room electronic safe.
- High quality linens.
- Large sliding glass windows to provide panoramic river views.
Services of ABN Sukapha
- Shore excursion programme including all admissions.
- Experienced guide & naturalist on all excursions.
- Cold towel service after excursions.
- Welcome drink after excursions.
- Shoe-cleaning after excursions.
- Turndown service in all cabins.
- Expertly trained culinary staff.
- Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines.
- Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout.
- Welcome reception.
- Farewell reception.
- Spacious air-conditioned saloon with library & recorded entertainment.
- Local on-board dance & song performances.
- Vast sundeck both open & shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs.
- Spa with choice of treatment.